Volunteers are the backbone to our organization.
Volunteers are the cornerstone of Pickens County Habitat for Humanity. We welcome individuals, corporations, community groups, faith congregations, and more to join us in creating affordable homeownership opportunities for local families. Whether you're skilled in construction, hospitality, or leadership, diverse volunteering opportunities await. No prior experience is necessary as we provide comprehensive guidance and support.
As a Habitat Volunteer, you can contribute in various ways:
- Construction Volunteer Opportunities: Join us in building homes from start to finish. Tasks include framing, siding, painting, flooring, doors/windows, trim work, finishing, landscaping, and cleaning. Every task is critical for our mission's success. Shifts are available from 9 am-1 pm, with varying days depending on the build site. Commitment to a full shift is required. Volunteer age requirement is 18 years or older.
- Community Service Volunteers: Students needing community service hours or individuals fulfilling court-ordered requirements can contact us to discuss their needs. Please allow ample time to complete the required service hours. Note that community service for theft or violent charges is not accepted.
- Home Buyer Program Mentors: We're launching a Home Buyer Mentorship Program to provide support during the home buyer program process. Help families successfully transition from renters to homeowners and equip them with the necessary tools for homeownership.
- Committee Member Volunteers: Our committees play a vital role in planning and implementing construction projects, fundraising efforts, internal and external communications, selecting qualified potential homeowner families, and maintaining a robust volunteer program. Join us and contribute your expertise.
- Board Member Volunteers: Our active, working board requires capable, dedicated individuals who can attend meetings, review agenda issues, make constructive suggestions, and represent the organization. Financial support and assuming leadership roles are expected.
- Business Groups: Bring your corporate or business group to a build day! Available workdays are Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm. A suggested donation of $3000 for groups of 8-10 participants is appreciated.
- Civic Groups, Faith Organizations, and Other Groups: Looking for a unique and meaningful activity for your group? Join us as a collective force and make a difference in the community while learning new skills and having a great time. Available workdays are Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm.
Every helping hand on our construction sites builds a stronger community for local families and individuals to flourish. Whether you're applying the final coat of paint or raising walls, every task has a purpose. Habitat homes are largely built by volunteers, and no experience is necessary. Our skilled construction staff will guide you every step of the way. Together, we're building strength and self-reliance through homeownership. Join us and become a Habitat Builder today!
Watch the video below to hear testimonials from our dedicated team at PCHFH and discover why volunteering with us is so rewarding. Learn valuable construction skills, make a difference by serving on committees, or contribute your time and effort to our fundraising initiatives. The possibilities are endless!
To get started as a volunteer with Pickens County Habitat for Humanity, please complete the forms below. Our representative will be in touch with you shortly.